60th Anniversary Berkeley Hills Road Race sponsored by
Presented by Berkeley Bicycle Club & Team Roaring Mouse the NCNCA Premiere Series & Points Series Sunday
Held rain or shine | USAC Permit | Cash Prizes of $2,500
A New Course
Due to the road closure on our traditional course, we have an entirely new course this year. We will hold the BHRR on the Crocket Loop. A clockwise loop that starts at south end of Cummings Skyway. Then on to Crockett Blvd, up Ponoma Drive, and then across Carquinez Scenic Drive. We then challenge you with the climb up McEwen Road for a slightly uphill finish on Franklin Canyon Road.
Current NCNCA and National Road Champions will receive a refund of all but $5.00 on race-day at the registration desk if. In order to qualify (1) Your entry must be received before the pre-registration deadline (otherwise pay full entry plus late fee), and; (2) You must ride in the category in which you are champion (Master's Champions may ride down in age.) Championship jersey is not required.
$15.00 of your registration fee will be donated to the Berkeley High School Mountain Bike Team. Also, Shimano, our lead race sponsor, has offered to generously support our sponsorships efforts. The proceeds raised will be used to create a loaner bike program that will allow kids to experience the joy of cycling, no matter their economic background. Thank you for supporting this cause.
- The pavement is good to poor and this new course features some tight turns.
- The Feed Zone is located west of the finish line, on Franklin Canyon Road.
- Neutral water areas will be provided.
- This is an open course and there are no road closure.
- Use caution and watch for traffic and road hazards.
- Follow car with wheel support (wheels in/wheels out) will only be provided for: P/1/2 Women, P/1/2 Men, 35+ 1/2/3 Men.
- Strava link to course route.
- Pre-registration now line at BikeReg.com.
- Pre-registration closes Thursday June 8, 2017, 11:45pm PDT, or when fields fill.
- Add $10 for late (day-of) registration.
- Race-day check-in opens 6:4 5am and closes 15 minutes before each race.
- Absolutely no refunds.
- Please bring water. There is no running water available on the course.
- No warming up on the course.
- All USAC and NCNCA Premiere Series and Points Series rules apply.
- No unauthorized support vehicles allowed ANYWHERE on the course. Unauthorized follow vehicles will result in rider/team DQ. Race officials and CHP are watching.
- No tents.
- DO NOT LINGER IN THE FINISH AREA.
- Parking is limited, carpooling is strongly advised.
- No parking the course or near the finish line.
- Parking is allowed on both sides of Franklin Canyon Road southeast of McEwen.
- From Hercules/I80 it's 4.5 miles east on CA-4 to Exit 5 Cummings Skyway toward Port Costa/Crockett. Continue on Saw Mill/Barry Hill Road to Franklin Canyon Road